Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Marine Conservation

Today we had a quest speaker, Libby, to talk about Marine Conservation. She has spent time all over the world helping different sea creatures. It was through her work that she began to see the effects of human's on the ocean environment. We saw photos and talked about the effects of plastic in our oceans - and looked at ways we can protect our ocean. Here are some of our reflections - and decisions for change. As for me, I am going to get myself a water bottle - so I don't use disposable plastic ones. We can all do our part to help protect our oceans! 

Check out her website here: 



How to save the ocean

Today we went the hall to learn about how to protect our oceans.
My favorite part was when she showed us the  pictures about the manta ray .
The lady shared these facts:
  • Say no to single plastic
  • Sea animals can't eat plastic
  • Rubbish is bad for the sea
Because of today I am going to do more beach clean ups.

- Smrithi


Look after Our Sea

Today,we went to the hall to learn about how to protect our oceans.
My favourite part was learning about that lady who was talking to us she said that she works with other sea creatures. 
The lady shared these facts
-        That turtles have teeth that face down
-        That mountain rays have big mouths for eating sting rays
-        The whale sharks can grow around 20 milameters.
Because of today i am going to pick up rubbish if I see some and I will re-use rubbish.

-       Ollie

This is Libby's hand-made bike using natural materials!
She is going to use this to cycle from the top of NZ down to the bottom
talking to different schools about how to protect our ocean. 

How to save our ocean

Today we went to the hall to learn about how to protect our ocean.
My favourite part was seeing the turtle on the slide show. The lady shared these facts
-        If we used less plastic less animals would be endangered.
-        To clean the beaches for less damage to animals living situations.
-        At the beach don’t litter plastic or anything.
Because of today I will be against plastic.
I will not use plastic bags and use fabric bags instead.
Littering at the beach should be against the law!

- Gabby






No comments:

Post a Comment